Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Not quite juicy yet

Good morning! My creation today is for the Hues to Use challenge over at Power Poppy. The new hues was posted yesterday did you see? Check it out and play along. 


The first thing I thought when I saw the colors was these Juicy Strawberries. Now they are not quite ripe yet to be super juicy but when they are they would be good.  ;-)    After my strawberries were printed out (this is a digi image) I colored them with Copic markers and pierced an edge around the border. Two different designer papers were used for the base layers. Before I added the red piece I distressed the edges of the white layer. I haven't distressed anything in a long time and thought oh how fun and what a mess. ha!  I do like how it looks as the end result. 


Added my green designer paper to the base and popped up the image panel using dimensionals. 
A simple ribbon bow for the corner and two enamel dots for the other corner. Voila!  Oh there is a tiny bit of sparkle on the leaves but not much. Can't not have the sparkle. Left a sentiment off and I have a few more cards that need to be blank so I can add sentiments as time permits for events. Sometimes it is just good to have blank ones on hand. I hope you can play along with the Hues to Use challenge this week.

If you didn't hear already but Passionate Paper Creations and Friends are teaming up with week with some fun on the PPCF Facebook page. Be sure to check it out and see what Power Poppy is up to.  ;-) Have a great day!


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Yum! I love not only the image and your coloring, but the pretty papers and distressed edges. Haven't done that in a long time, either. Making note to self. I'm all for blank cards for when you need something later. And if you don't have just the right stamp there's nothing wrong with writing your own message. Now I'm making another note to self to make more blank cards. Love it when you stamp, Stacy!

Julie Koerber said...

Such a sweet design Ms Stace! Love the bold pop of color with that decorative paper -- which is perfect! Your coloring is so sweet as well and yes, who can't live without extra sparkle! ;-)