Monday, March 5, 2018

Penciled Orchids cascading

Morning. So yes I have been going a little crazy with the colored pencils I know, but I need a lot of work still. And the only way to get it right is to keep coloring and trying, right? Yet another one using the Prisma colored pencils and the new Instant Garden release called Orchid Cascade


 I made a mistake when I had this printed as I thought it was kraft card stock, but in fact it was chocolate. EEK! Well why not give it a try? The colors turn out more vibrant on the chocolate paper verses the kraft isn't that interesting.
 Using one of the sentiments in the digi and just moved it over to be under the petals a little bit. A few sequins for accents and voila! Thanks for stopping by today. 


2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, your coloring is beautiful! Yes, it takes a lot of practice (and I still need lots myself), but the flowers just glow, and look at those leaves! Beautiful, and I love the chocolate background. It's amazing how the colors change depending on the card stock you use. But it's gorgeous, and I love the matting and sequins!! Yay, go, Stacy...and keep on coloring with pencils! Hugs! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, practice makes perfect, but you're already doing an amazing job with these pencils. I think you have quite a knack for it! Interesting on the chocolate as opposed to kraft. I like the contrast with the pretty pink.